Saturday, August 27, 2016

1958 - 1959 - Sophomore - Swimming Team

Education: Freshman Year
Tooele High School
From 1957 To 1958
My freshman year I swam breaststroke on the swimming team. We took state that year.  I  was never a very competitive swimmer because it is  not in my nature to compete agains someone and try do better than they.  If someone passed me by in a race it didn't upset me enough to get me to try harder.

Sidebar: Besides, I was never good at staying after school (swimming team members had swimming as their last class of the day) and doing extra workouts. I had to go home and watch Annette Funicello and the Mickey Mouse Club.




























The swimming pool was located where the current swimming pool is. (2016)







































Side Bar:

My family always had a summer pass at the pool. With only one bathroom in the house for all of us, showering at the pool was quite useful. Below is a picture in the Bulletin from 1958.




No comments:

Post a Comment